Monday, May 16, 2011

The beginning of a big summer...

This past weekend my sister, Marie, graduated from N.C. State University with a BS in Zoology...and my brother, Drew, had his senior prom at Butler High School.

This kicks off what will be a big summer of change for my family. In the next 3 months my brother will graduate from high school and move up to Raleigh to start his freshman year of college. Marie just become a college graduate and in 9 more weeks will become a wife. 

My sister is one of the biggest cheaters you will ever meet when it comes to board games. She is also one of the only people I know who has actually become what they said they wanted to be when they were a little kid. She also peed in my shoe when we were on our way to Niagara Falls. Even so...she continues to inspire me with her passion and dedication. She is a strong, beautiful woman, who will always follow her heart.

My brother used to eat so much ketchup that he would make himself throw up. He also was forced to witness all of my shenanigans and to show up to all 12,495,982,347 baseball and softball games. Yet somehow...he has turned out to become an incredible man and incredible leader (without therapy!). The quiet, humble courage and boldness that he shows is something our country's most important leaders could take a lesson on. He is 10x the student I ever was and will do great things with his life. 

Moving to Seattle was a big deal. One of the reasons it was such a big deal is because I had to leave these 2 behind. While I am unbelievably excited for both of them my heart is also broken because I can't be there with them for every second of it.

Marie...Drew...I love you both and miss you terribly. I am so proud of both of you!
























No comments:

Post a Comment