I have always tried my best to avoid the black hole that is, "social media." But after witnessing my wife faithfully blog, now seeing my sister blog...I want in on the action. This whole thing of writing my thoughts and life updates on a website for people to read still seems pretty weird. It seems even weirder to *start* a blog. I mean how do you just start? What makes today different than yesterday? What is all of a sudden so important for me to share over the interwebz? Beyond my excuses of "feeling weird" lies the real culprit. My fear. Even in this first post, it feels very vulnerable. I have never been one to write things down...whether that be notes, my schedule, a journal...it's just never happened for me. I have never been a good writer. I have probably spent more time trying to avoid or minimize what I have to write than I have actually writing. But here I am, and even as I type, delete, and re-type I find myself feeling nervous about other people reading what I've written.
As I've thought about starting this blog I've wondered why I am so afraid to start it. There are things happening in my life, things changing and evolving, I'm trying new things, finding new things I love. But in that novelty also lies my wariness to share it with anyone but those people closest to me. As I get older I realize there are things that I have never done because I have never been asked to try or simply because I'm afraid of being rejected and embarrass myself. I desire to be seen, but I'm terrified of it! I am surrounded by one of the most incredible, courageous, encouraging communities I have ever known and I have been inspired by them to seek out places within myself that I have never had the courage to go before.
So hopefully this will be a place where you will get to hear about all the lovely things happening in my life. A place where you will get to see some of my ever happening attempts to be a teacher, a photographer, a chef, or a designer...it changes moment to moment.
And who knows, if we're both lucky, this might be the place I even try writing some poetry!
As I've thought about starting this blog I've wondered why I am so afraid to start it. There are things happening in my life, things changing and evolving, I'm trying new things, finding new things I love. But in that novelty also lies my wariness to share it with anyone but those people closest to me. As I get older I realize there are things that I have never done because I have never been asked to try or simply because I'm afraid of being rejected and embarrass myself. I desire to be seen, but I'm terrified of it! I am surrounded by one of the most incredible, courageous, encouraging communities I have ever known and I have been inspired by them to seek out places within myself that I have never had the courage to go before.
So hopefully this will be a place where you will get to hear about all the lovely things happening in my life. A place where you will get to see some of my ever happening attempts to be a teacher, a photographer, a chef, or a designer...it changes moment to moment.
And who knows, if we're both lucky, this might be the place I even try writing some poetry!

I'm excited! :) I miss you so much and I can't wait to hear all about what you do everyday! I'm proud of you and i love you!
ReplyDeletei love checking your blog over and over just to look at this photo full of WONDERFUL people!!!
ReplyDeleteIt really is just an awesome picture haha
ReplyDelete