In fact, I don't think there is anything about baseball that I dislike...Baseball is such a unique sport. What turns out to be a "good game" can seem to be the most boring, drug out, 3 hours ever...where the entire 9 innings is decided by 1 pitch, 1 swing of the bat, and 1 run. Kelsey and I were "lucky" enough to see a game just like this last Thursday night when the Mariners were powered past the Oakland A's by a 4th inning home run, final score, 1-0.
It starts as soon as you start to approach the stadium...the sounds of baseball. The constant but not overwhelming sound of the crowds chatter. The smell of the grass, beer, hotdogs, and nachos. It's not a sport that generally requires your full attention or intensity while sitting in the stands...You have the opportunity to just sit and to interact with the people around you without having to yell the entire time. I have realized that there are probably few things more relaxing for me than sitting in the stands with people I love, slowly working down a bag of peanuts or sunflower seeds, talking about life to the backdrop of the sounds and smells of baseball.
The Mariner's aren't exactly the pride of Seattle right now, and most every game (well, every game) has its fair share of empty seats (as you can see from our pictures). With empty seats on either side of us and a completely empty row in front of us, I was lucky enough to share a beautiful night with my beautiful wife...out at the ball field, just our peanuts and ourselves (of course there were hotdogs involved as well). We talked, and listened, and laughed, and cheered. And we just "were" in each others presence.
I nagged this picture of Kels while we were on the bus on the way to the ball park.
Oh yea! Check out THOSE seats...living the high life (literally)...
The view from those lovely seats!
Onions, relish, ketchup, it does not get better.
Mariners win!
Just us...all smiles!
No comments:
Post a Comment